- How to Find The Best Mattress for Adjustable Beds
- 4 Vital Adjustable Mattress and Bed Tips
- Top 5 Best Mattresses for Adjustable Beds
- 1.) DynastyMattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch HD GEL Memory Foam Mattress
- 2.) 12-Inch Twin XL Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress for Adjustable Bed Base
- 3.) DynastyMattress Luxury 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress (Adjustable Bed Sleep System)
- 4.) DynastyMattress AtlantisBreeze GEL Memory Foam Mattress
- 5.) 12-Inch CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress (with Scape Plus Performance Adjustable Beds)
When you get into bed you want maximum comfort. Using an adjustable bed, you’re able to adjust yourself into a variety of sleeping and sitting positions. When you use pillows or cushions to accomplish this in a standard bed, it leads to neck or back pain.
Once you use an adjustable bed, you’ll no longer be at risk for back problems as you stop the stress a standard bed places on your spine. If you already suffer from back pain, then you should see immediate benefits and improvement with your new adjustable option.
How to Find The Best Mattress for Adjustable Beds
The most effective way to find the mattress that best fits your needs is to comparison shop. Learning about each type of mattress, its benefits, etc., allows you to make the most educated decision.
A common question is, “can any mattress be used on adjustable beds?” The answer is “no.”
You need a mattress manufactured specifically for an adjustable bed. You must find an adjustable mattress that is made to fold without resistance while keeping its comfort qualities over time. Normal coil mattresses aren’t designed this way. They aren’t meant to fold inside an adjustable bed system.
4 Vital Adjustable Mattress and Bed Tips
Before we reveal to you our review of the top 5 adjustable mattresses, it’s important that you understand some of the following tips.
1. Different mattresses fold differently: Be aware that most adjustable bases fold themselves in two places. This divides your mattress into three separate sections — the head, middle and foot sections. Different types of mattresses react in a different way when bent and folded on their adjustable frames.
In addition, you’ll most likely sleep with your bed folded flat. The adjustable positions are great for reading, watching TV or using a computer. Ask yourself how often you’ll do those things in bed. If you’ll sit in bed often, look for a bed that will allow for maximum comfort while in this position.
2. Your bed can look aesthetically pleasing: Some people think of a hospital bed when discussing adjustable beds. In this day and age, you have the option of selecting a bed that fits your bedroom style without looking like you’ve entered a hospital room.
Today’s manufacturers know that they must create something aesthetically pleasing — a product that looks like a regular bed — while offering the benefits of an adjustable option.
Don’t worry that you’ll see flex points, motors or wires. Usually, the adjustable section covers these parts and has fabric coverings that help make everything look like a normal foundation or box spring configuration. Always buy an adjustable bed base with permanently mounted motors. This way, there’s no chance of tripping over wires and damaging the system or hurting anyone in your family.
3. Choose quality brands: We’ve made sure to include only reputable brands in our review of the top 5 adjustable mattresses for 2017. Only the best brands make their adjustable bed bases with steel frames capable of handling heavy loads and supporting years of movement as you adjust your bed back and forth.
Many quality manufacturers use nylon rollers as opposed to inferior brands using metal, wood or other substances that aren’t as durable and solid. Nylon is noise free, doesn’t produce much friction and does not easily wear out over time.
The best manufacturers will rely heavily on American-made motors because they’re usually made inside sealed casings. This helps keep them from needing ongoing maintenance, eliminates the need for lubrication and keeps them quiet.
Of course, one downside to these well-constructed adjustable bed bases is that they weigh a lot.
4. Look for a warranty: Some mattresses and beds will come with 10- or even 20-year warranties. Since many problems can occur within the first 3-6 months, it’s always a good idea to look for at least one year of technical and labor support.
Let’s take a look at 5 top-rated adjustable bed mattresses so you can make the best decision regarding which one works for you and your situation.
Top 5 Best Mattresses for Adjustable Beds
1.) DynastyMattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch HD GEL Memory Foam Mattress
Great for anyone sensitive to heat. Doesn’t overheat or sink in the middle. The mattress contours to your body, allowing for a sound night’s sleep.
For bed-bound people who have experienced sweating while using a Tempur-Pedic mattress, the Cool Breeze Memory Foam mattress should alleviate the issue. This helps keep you from getting restless as you enjoy a sound sleep each night.
A firm yet comfortable mattress. Helps alleviate severe joint problems. You’ll love the feeling of sinking into the gel-like mattress.
The two free pillows are heavy and stout, making them fantastic for propping up to read.
A very comfortable solution for most people. Overall, a quality mattress for its lower-end price point and worth the purchase. One of the best benefits is alleviating bad back pain.
- White cover with brown suede on corners offers luxurious look
- zippered and washable cover
- fire barrier
- Its cool technology foam allows for cool sleeping temperatures
- HD Memory Foam translates to ultimate comfort
- 5-inch High density foam to support the base
- Cool 2-inch airflow foam
- 4-layer construction that’s durable and of high quality
- 30-year limited warranty
- Comes with two complimentary gel pillows (pillows match mattress cover)
- CertiPUR-US® Certified
- Medium firm feel
- QUEEN Size: 60 x 80 x 12 inches
- A slight odor when first opening the mattress, but this should dissipate after letting it air out the required three days
- Some people report that it’s a tad stiff, causing it to overlap when raising the leg portion of an adjustable frame
- Others comment that it’s a bit too firm.
- As you sink into one side, you may experience a slight lifting on the other side
2.) 12-Inch Twin XL Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress for Adjustable Bed Base
No pressure points and fits well with almost any adjustable bed base. While some people report smelling the new foam smell weeks later, others say it just needs to be aired out upon first use.
Firm mattress that conforms well to your back. Past back pain should be alleviated after time sleeping on this mattress. Hip and shoulder pain will also receive help.
Mattress doesn’t get too hot.
- High-quality CoolBreeze gel memory foam (great pressure relief)
- 2-inch by 2-inch enhanced airflow system
- 3-inch high resilience polyurethane base foam
- 5-inch HD CoolBreeze gel and memory foam
- Washable zipper cover
- Distributes body weight comfortably
- Not too soft and not too hard
- CertiPUR-US® certified
- May sag over time
- May tilt on one side if you use one side predominantly, causing the need to sleep in the middle of the bed only
- Some people report that the new foam smell never goes away
- No pillows included
3.) DynastyMattress Luxury 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress (Adjustable Bed Sleep System)
Helps alleviate morning aches and pains. Quiet, smooth operation, and the mattress is an excellent buy for lower back pain.
Easy to read and use instructions included. Mattresses arrive in two separate, vacuum-sealed bags. After three days of expansion, they’re ready for use.
Extremely soft, comfortable mattress. If you used to sleep with pillows between your knees to help alleviate hip pain, you’ll most likely find this is no longer necessary. Overall aches and pains should be eliminated with the memory foam mattress.
Easy to sit up in bed to read, watch television or use a laptop. A luxury, in fact.
Quiet, smooth motor won’t wake up sleeping partner. Provides multiple adjustment settings for maximum comfort.
- Full bed system provides wireless remote-control devices for separate memory control
- Dual level massage
- 2 12-inch memory foam mattresses included
- 3-inch High Resilience Polyurethane Base Foam
- Programmable memory positions
- 2-inch by 2-inch AirFlow
- Very quiet motors so sleep partner isn’t awakened
- 30-year limited warranty
- Reported concerns over customer service when part of the bed stops lowering into normal sleeping position
4.) DynastyMattress AtlantisBreeze GEL Memory Foam Mattress
Although the recommendation is to allow up to two months for your body to adjust to the mattress, most people report that they’re fully comfortable within only a few days.
Provides a cool sleep on a firm mattress. The position memory and massage features are a treat. Excellent back support. Will help alleviate back pain.
Your sleep will improve after you buy and use this adjustable mattress.
- Two remote controls (wireless)
- Programmable positioning memory
- Three-level dual massage
- Medium-level comfort
- Very quiet motor
- High-quality 7,5-inch foam
- Washable zipper cover
- White cover with brown suede
- Comes with adjustable bed base
- Very high off the ground
- May be too firm for some people
- Although cool, some folks report they’d like it just a bit cooler
5.) 12-Inch CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress (with Scape Plus Performance Adjustable Beds)
The mattress is firm but medium. Very comfortable and helps back pain. Only takes about three days for mattress to fully expand, and then it’s ready for use.
One excellent feature of this system is the light underneath. Comes in handy when you need to get out of bed to use the bathroom late at night. The base also comes with a wall hugger, which is a plus.
This mattress is helpful when it comes to alleviating sore hips and a stiff back.
- Lighting built in underneath black adjustable bed base
- Made in the United States
- Very quiet motor system
- Programmable memory positioning
- Two remote controls (wireless)
- Dual massage system
- Three 12-inch white/brown Coolbreeze gel mattresses
- 3-inch high quality memory foam
- Two complimentary gel memory foam pillows included
- CertiPUR-US® Certified!
- 30-year limited warranty
- Some reports that the free pillows aren’t especially comfortable
- The components don’t always ship together, so you may have to wait to assemble the entire system
- Does not come with brackets to effectively hold each bed section together better
Using the above review tips, you’re now equipped to choose the best adjustable mattress for your needs.
We recommend that you pay close attention to your mattress, as opposed to the bed base. The mattress is going to determine how comfortable you are and how well your back will feel. This is key, especially if you already suffer from back pain, hip pain or neck pain. Making the right choice of mattress will go a long way in helping you wake up feeling better.