Neck and shoulder pain are among the most common symptoms experienced by adults worldwide; studies estimate that up to 85% of the population experiences some form of shoulder or neck pain during the course of their lives. Discovering the best neck and shoulder massager for you is a great solution for relieving chronic pain in the trapezius area.
Are you looking for a massager that will alleviate pain in your upper back, neck, and shoulders? We’ve done our research to discover the top massagers on the market. Read this guide and choose one of these great massagers to put an end to your shoulder and neck pain!
Should I Buy a Neck and Shoulder Massager?
There are many conditions that can cause neck and shoulder pain. The most common source of pain is ligament, muscle, and tendon strain. Poor posture and physical injury are the most common conditions that cause soft tissue injury. If your pain is the result of whiplash or straining your neck while sleeping, for example, you will likely benefit from the use of a shoulder and neck massager.
There are many other conditions that can cause neck and shoulder pain including degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, rotator cuff injuries, arthritis, tendonitis, fibromyalgia, and more. Massage, stretching, and exercise can often be effective tools in reducing the pain associated with these conditions. If you are unsure as to whether a massager is a good solution for your discomfort, consult your doctor before making a purchase.
Considerations When Purchasing a Massager
There are many factors to consider before purchasing a shoulder and neck massager. Some users, for instance, prioritize shiatsu massage features. Others seek massagers that utilize heat therapy.
Be sure to consider the following functions and features while researching massage devices.
Most home massagers come equipped with shiatsu massage settings. Some devices include other massage settings, including beating and kneading. Think about which massage settings are most suitable for you and your neck or shoulder condition.
Many electric shoulder and neck massagers include built-in heat therapy functions. If you frequently suffer from sore or stiff muscles, you may want to opt for a neck and shoulder massager with heat.
Design and Functionality
Neck and shoulder massage products tend to come in a broad assortment of styles. Many can be wrapped around the back of the neck. Others are designed as pillows. Manual massagers are often shaped like canes and include pressure point knobs. Some electric massagers must be plugged in to function; others are rechargeable. Choose a design that best suits your needs and desires.
The top rated shoulder and neck massagers cost anywhere from $25 up to $300 and beyond. There are a number of well-reviewed massagers available for under $50. If you are looking for a broader assortment of massage techniques, extra features, or warranty guarantees, you may have to pay slightly more for your device.
If you are purchasing a massager online, you will want to pay attention to customer reviews. Consider reading customer reviews to see if others with your shoulder or neck pain condition have had success with a device. Well-reviewed products are more likely to satisfy you as a customer.
The Top 5 Best Neck and Shoulder Massagers
The Zyllion Shiatsu Pillow Massager is the next best thing to a professional neck and shoulder massage. The slim pillow comes equipped with four powerful shiatsu massage balls. The device can be strapped to the back of chairs to position it directly behind the neck and shoulders; it can also be positioned to relieve back and thigh pain, making it a particularly versatile massaging device.
The Zyllion Massager also has a heat therapy function and is programmed to prevent overheating. A 20 minute automatic shut-off features makes it practical to fall asleep with the massager.
Thousands of users rave that the Zyllion Pillow has changed their lives. Customers with chronic pain and spasms in the neck and shoulders have found relief using the massager. To reduce your pain for good, purchase the Zyllion Shiatsu Pillow Massager.
– The pillow is durable and can last for years.
– Customers with chronic pain, including fibromyalgia and neck spasms, have found relief using the massager.
– The device is lightweight, beautifully designed, and comes with a car charger.
– Shiatsu massage may be too aggressive for some users.
– Some find that they need to bend their neck to the side to get an adequate neck massage from the device.
The Body Back Buddy Self-Massager is a great tool for individuals who want to address specific knots and sore spots in the neck and shoulders. The cane-like tool comes with 11 massage knobs. These knobs can be used to massage sore muscles, reduce spasms, and loosen knots along the trapezius muscle. This top rated tool is also easy to use. Significant pressure can be applied to problem areas along the neck, shoulders, and upper back. The manual nature of the tool allows you to choose which areas of your body to massage and at what strength. The tool is ideal for individuals who suffer from pain resulting from bad posture or long hours spent sitting in front of a computer. Individuals who enjoy controlling their massages will love the Body Back Buddy.
– The tool is ideal for releasing trigger points in between the shoulder blades and along the neck.
– The Body Back Buddy is one of the most affordable neck and shoulder massagers available.
– The tool comes with a lifetime warranty.
– Manual massage may be a challenge for some users, particularly those who are older or are suffering from extreme pain.
– The tool does not come equipped with heat or shiatsu massage functions.
The truMedic Neck and Shoulder Massager offers numerous unique benefits to individuals with neck and shoulder pain. This portable massager is cordless and rechargeable, with each charge providing hours of use. The unit offers users a firm, penetrating shiatsu massage. The motion of the rollers can be reversed and heat therapy can be added for extra relief. Users can apply pressure to the massager’s wrist supports to increase the pressure of the shiatsu massage.
The truMedic Massager can be adjusted to be used on all parts of the shoulders, neck, and lower back. Many customers have found that the device is a great alternative to expensive professional massages. If you struggle with chronic neck and shoulder pain and can afford a high-quality solution, the truMedic massager is an excellent choice.
– This neck and shoulder massager with heat is wireless and can be taken on-the-go.
– The device is great for both gentle and deep tissue massages.
– Unlike many other massage units, the direction of the massage can be altered.
– The truMedic Massager is one of the most expensive massagers on our list.
– The heat feature is not as strong as many customers desire.
– The device’s warranty is only 6 months and the device’s battery is non-replaceable.
The PurePulse Electronic TENS Pulse Massager is unlike any other massager on our list. The device uses transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) to stimulate the nerves and muscles throughout the body. The clenching and releasing of the muscles leads to impressively effective pain relief. Individuals suffering from neck strain, muscle spasms, and fibromyalgia all rave about the benefits of using the device.
The PurePulse Massager is incredible versatile. The device has six stimulation modes and three different movement settings, including beat, knead, and massage. These diverse settings make the device ideal for first-time users as well as those experienced in TENS therapy.
If you’re looking for a different way to treat your neck and shoulder pain, try the PurePulse Electronic Pulse Massager.
– The PurePulse Massager comes with multiple frequency modes and three different massage settings.
– The device’s LCD screen provides users with valuable feedback after their massage.
– The massager is affordable and comes with a respectable one year warranty.
– TENS devices like the PurePulse should not be used by individuals with cardiac pacemakers.
– The electrical stimulation may be uncomfortable for some users.
– Parts of the device are poorly designed, leading to minor inconveniences.
The LiBa Shiatsu Neck Massager is another great option for individuals seeking a powerful shiatsu massage device. Whether you’re suffering from overexertion or a severely thrown-out back, the LiBa Massager is sure to reduce your pain. The LiBa’s design is similar to the truMedic Massager. The device can be hung around the neck and shoulders, allowing the four shiatsu massage balls to relax the muscles in the neck and upper back. A 15 minute auto shut-off feature also makes the device convenient to use.
Customers praise the LiBa, claiming that the device’s benefits extend to their overall health, resulting in fewer headaches and bodily pain. Those who seek a powerful and effective neck and shoulder massage device should consider the LiBa Neck Massager.
– The LiBa Massager gives excellent deep-tissue shiatsu massages.
– The massager works just as well as the brand-name Brookstone massager, yet costs a fraction of the price.
– The device can be repositioned to massage the shoulders, neck, upper back, lower back, and legs.
– The LiBa Massager must be plugged in to be used.
– When extra pressure is applied to the massager it sometimes stops working.
– Some users feel that the massager does not get warm enough for effective heat therapy.
There are hundreds of shoulder and neck massagers for sale today. Instead of slogging through pages of different massagers, pick one of these great devices. With regular massage therapy, you might just be able to banish your pain for good!