- How to Choose a Neck Pain Relief Product
- Top 10 Products for Neck Pain Relief
- 1.) 1byone Shiatsu Massage Pillow with Heat Balls
- 2.) LiBa Self-Massage Tool
- 3.) EasyNeck Cervical Neck Traction Device
- 4.) Nature Creation Neck & Shoulder Wrap Hot & Cold Therapy
- 5.) DG Sports Acupressure Pillow
- 6.) PurePulse TENS Electronic Pulse Massager
- 7.) Gideon Neck and Shoulder Self-Massage Tool
- 8.) Penetrex Pain Relief Cream
- 9.) Core Universal Cervical Collar
- 10.) ThermaCare Air-Activated Heatwraps
- In Conclusion:
People often describe an annoying situation as “a pain in the neck.” Indeed, neck pain can be very uncomfortable! From tension headaches to stiffness and muscle spasms, neck pain can manifest in a variety of ways. Regardless of the specifics of your condition, you’re almost certainly seeking relief from your affliction.
There are hundreds of different neck pain relief products available today, ranging from cervical traction devices to electric massagers. If you’re looking for a neck pain relief product that actually works, then look no further. With the help of these devices you’ll be sure to find relief from your discomfort.
How to Choose a Neck Pain Relief Product
Neck pain can manifest in a variety of ways. The source of your discomfort, the severity of your pain, and the symptoms you’re experiencing should guide you in your quest for the ideal neck pain relief product.
One of the most common sources of neck pain is muscle tension. Neck muscle pain may manifest as a dull ache in the neck and shoulders. The muscles of the neck may also form sore knots or may contract in spasms. Heat therapy, such as using a heating pad, is one good method for treating this type of pain. Using a manual or electric massager in conjunction with ice and heat therapy can help relax the muscles and eliminate knots in the neck and shoulder area. A neck traction device or cream can also be used to reduce muscle pain and aid the neck in the recovery process.
Some individuals may suffer from tightness or stiffness in the neck. This may be accompanied by a limited range of motion. A stiff neck can be treated in a variety of ways, from massage therapy to heat treatment. Strain may also be reduced through acupressure or the use of a cervical traction device. Regular stretching and changes in sitting and sleeping posture may also reduce neck strain.
Neck pain can also be caused by physical trauma to the area. A sports injury or automobile accident, for instance, can cause prolonged periods of neck pain. If an accident or injury triggered your neck pain, it is best to consult your doctor regarding treatment. It is possible that you will need to wear a neck brace, wrap, or collar for a period of time. Other forms of support may also be recommended. Massage, heat therapy, and stretches may also help you heal.
Different tools and treatments may work better for you than others. When in doubt, consult a healthcare professional to determine the best course of action for you.
Top 10 Products for Neck Pain Relief
1.) 1byone Shiatsu Massage Pillow with Heat Balls
The 1byone Shiatsu Massage Pillow is a powerful tool for neck muscle pain relief. The cushion comes with four ergonomic balls that offer a soothing shiatsu massage. The massage balls, which change direction frequently, can be heated to gently soothe sore muscles. The cushion’s ergonomic design makes it perfect for targeting all of the muscles in the neck. A car adapter and chair-fastening strap make it a great choice for those who need pain relief on the go.
For those who struggle with sore muscles and tightness in the neck, the 1byone Shiatsu Massage Pillow is the perfect solution.
- The massager can be used with or without heat, making it ideal for various types of pain.
- The massage balls reverse direction every minute, offering a powerful, professional massage.
- The 1byone Massage Pillow is not battery powered and must remain plugged in during use.
- The pillow uses shiatsu massage, which may not be comfortable for all neck pain sufferers.
2.) LiBa Self-Massage Tool
The LiBa Self-Massage Tool is a uniquely-designed pain relief device. This bent, cane-like massager has multiple hooks and knobs which can be used to manually massage the neck and shoulders. These knobs apply pressure to the sore muscles and knots in the neck, providing powerful, instantaneous pain relief.
If you want to control exactly how your neck is massaged, choose the LiBa Self-Massage Tool.
- The massager does a great job breaking up muscle knots and hitting hard-to-reach trigger points.
- Customers rave that the massager is highly effective for neck muscle pain relief. It also provides effective relief for other problem areas throughout the body.
- LiBa offers a 90 day “no-questions-asked” replacement guarantee in addition to a 3-year warranty.
- The LiBa Self-Massager requires pressure to be applied manually, which may not be an option for individuals with severe pain, muscle weakness, or fatigue.
- Some individuals noticed that the massager bent under pressure.
3.) EasyNeck Cervical Neck Traction Device
The EasyNeck Cervical Neck Traction Device is a lifesaver for those with compression-related neck pain. This inflatable traction collar can be adjusted to fit necks of all sizes. Using the collar daily has helped many wearers find relief from muscle tightness, nerve pain, and tension. Many report a feeling of lightness in the neck and shoulders after using the device. The pain relief offered by the collar is an affordable alternative to costly massages and chiropractic adjustments.
For users looking to reduce pressure and improve the alignment of the cervical spine, the EasyNeck Traction Device is worth considering.
- The level of inflation is easily adjustable, allowing customers to find their optimal comfort level.
- The device is one of the most effective tools for addressing postural issues alongside neck pain.
- Some customers felt that the device did not provide enough traction for their neck.
4.) Nature Creation Neck & Shoulder Wrap Hot & Cold Therapy
The Neck and Shoulder Wrap by Nature Creation is an excellent alternative to electric heating pads. This large wrap can be hung around the shoulders to provide soothing heat, moist, or cold therapy relief. Its three pounds of weight, in conjunction with temperature therapy, make it perfect for relieving sore muscles, tension, and joint pain in the neck and shoulder area. Simply microwave the wrap for penetrating heat therapy. Alternatively, set it in the freezer for a few hours to create a soothing cool wrap.
If you’re looking for an effective, multi-functional tool for soothing your neck and shoulders, try the Nature Creation Neck and Shoulder Wrap.
- One single wrap offers three different therapies (heat, moist, and cold).
- This neck muscle pain relief tool requires no electric plug or manual adjustment during use, making it ideal for relaxing therapeutic relief.
- The wrap only stays cold for approximately half an hour of use. This may not be enough cold therapy for some users.
- The wrap is not machine-washable.
5.) DG Sports Acupressure Pillow
If your neck pain is primarily related to tension and muscle stiffness, the DG Sports Acupressure Pillow might be a godsend for you. With 1,350 acupressure spikes, this cushion is small but mighty. The spikes restore circulation to the head and neck, causing the muscles to warm and relax.
The pillow is a wonderful choice for those suffering from tension headaches and migraines. When used at the right time, the cushion can stave off certain headaches. For relief from stiffness and tension-related headaches, purchase the DG Sports Acupressure Pillow.
- The pillow’s acupressure spikes increase circulation to the neck while relaxing the muscles.
- In addition to relieving aches and pains, headaches and migraines can be reduced by using the cushion.
- Some individuals may find the pain of acupressure to be intolerable.
- Those with back and shoulder pain may find it more affordable to purchase both a full mat and head cushion, like the Nayoya Set, instead.
6.) PurePulse TENS Electronic Pulse Massager
The PurePulse TENS Electronic Pulse Massager is a powerful tool for relieving muscle pain in the neck and shoulders. The device sends electrical impulses along the nerves under the skin, interfering with the pain signals that are normally sent to the brain. Muscles contract and relax through this electrical stimulation, leading to increased endorphin production and natural pain relief.
The PurePulse TENS Massager is a valuable tool for those suffering from chronic and persistent neck pain.
- Three different settings (beat, knead, and massage) offer users a variety of options to choose from.
- The device soothes muscles in a way that mimics deep tissue massages.
- Some users found the device’s current to be either too weak or too strong.
- The unit is less durable that some other neck pain relief devices.
7.) Gideon Neck and Shoulder Self-Massage Tool
The Gideon Self-Massage Tool is a practical and easy-to-use manual massager. Equipped with two adjustable handles and massage balls, this tool is simple yet highly effective. By opening and closing the handles, users can adjust how the massage balls hit the neck.
Whether you’re looking for a firm massage close to the cervical spine or a slow and gentle massage along the sides of the neck, the Gideon Self-Massage Tool will help you find both relief and comfort.
- A manual, adjustable massager, the Gideon can easily be tailored to every user’s needs.
- The Gideon Self-Massage Tool is one of the most affordable massagers on our list.
- A lack of clear instructions make it somewhat difficult to determine how to use the tool.
8.) Penetrex Pain Relief Cream
Penetrex is a powerful non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) cream designed to reduce pain and inflammation when applied topically. Thousands of users rave that the cream has reduced their pain in ways that other treatments have failed to. One customer claimed that Penetrex effectively reduced his pinched nerve pain. Others found relief from muscle pain and spasms.
Though Penetrex does not produce heating or cooling sensations, it remains a powerful pain-fighting agent. For users looking for a simple topical neck pain relief cream, Penetrex is an excellent option.
- Penetrex is one of the most effective products for reducing inflammation in the neck and shoulder areas.
- The cream is particularly good for relieving muscle tension and pain, particularly in cases of overexertion or sports-related injuries.
- Some who use non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like Penetrex may experience side effects, including peptic ulcers and renal problems.
9.) Core Universal Cervical Collar
Certain neck pain conditions require additional cervical support. Individuals who have suffered through an auto accident or have a bulging disk may find that wearing a cervical collar gives them the support and relief they need. For those who need a soft neck brace, the Core Universal Cervical Collar is worth considering. This simple 2-inch collar is neither too thick nor too thin. It sufficiently limits range of motion while supporting the neck.
If you experience relief while wearing a soft brace, the Core Universal Cervical Collar is for you.
- This simple cervical collar is more affordable than most other neck pain treatment options.
- The collar is durable and easy to wash.
- This version of the collar may not fit all necks; others may need the 2.5 or 3-inch collars.
10.) ThermaCare Air-Activated Heatwraps
ThermaCare’s Heatwraps are a super-convenient neck pain remedy. For those who suffer from bouts of spasms or tension headaches, these single-use heat wraps can bring much-needed relief. The wraps remain warm for up to eight hours, helping prevent pain throughout the day. Those with serious neck pain conditions, such as herniated disks, say that the wraps help tide them over between chiropractic appointments.
For those who need a discreet, effective way to melt the pain away, ThermaCare’s Heatwraps are the product to buy.
- ThermaCare’s wraps are thin and comfortable enough to be worn under clothing while working or engaging in physical activity.
- Though pricey, the wraps are among the best options for portable heat therapy.
- Some customers complain of wraps that lack enough adhesive material.
In addition to using one or more of the aforementioned neck pain relief products, lifestyle changes can help reduce discomfort and prevent the worsening of your condition. Sleeping on your back instead of your stomach, for instance, can provide you with neck pain relief from sleeping wrong. Creating an office set-up that promotes good posture can also reduce neck strain. Yoga and exercises that target the neck and shoulders can trigger muscle relaxation, reducing your odds of developing further neck problems.
By discerning the causes of your discomfort and targeting them with exercises and neck pain relief products, you can reduce your pain and lead a happier and healthier life.