Bad posture affects individuals of all ages and walks of life. Limited core strength, poorly-designed desk chairs and hours spent working at computers all contribute to the bad posture epidemic facing the world today. In addition to performing core exercises, those with poor posture often benefit from wearing posture braces. A back posture brace can help realign the back and shoulders by retraining the muscles throughout the upper and lower back and abdomen.
Are you looking to change your posture for the better? We’ve done our research to help you discover the very best posture corrector for you.
What is a Posture Corrector?
A posture corrector is a wearable garment or device used to correct bad posture. Though all posture correctors serve the same purpose, their design and correction styles vary from item to item. Physical posture braces, including shoulder braces and lower back braces, are the most traditional posture correctors available. Brace-like garments, such as t-shirts, posture vests, and bras are often used as an alternative to traditional posture braces.
In the past few years, a handful of startup companies have released innovative posture training devices. These posture trainers are digital and interactive, reminding users to correct their posture though physical reminders. Unlike traditional posture correctors, these devices focus on eliminating the habit of slouching through behavioral training rather than physical constriction.
Regardless of which type of posture corrector you choose, your posture will surely improve with regular use.
Do Posture Correctors Work?
Posture correctors are generally useful for improving poor posture. Regular use of a back posture brace, posture vest, or posture corrector bra, for instance, can “teach” proper posture to the muscles around the clavicle and shoulders. If you are suffering from back pain, a posture corrector can help reduce pressure on your lumbar region, leading to reduced pain and improved spinal health.
A posture trainer may also help you improve your posture. For these devices to work, however, you will have to be more mentally and physically dedicated to the posture correction process. Devices like the LUMO Lift gently vibrate to remind users to correct their posture. Users who diligently act on these reminders will be more likely to see posture improvement than those who don’t.
If a particular posture correction device isn’t effective, don’t despair! If a digital posture training device fails you, consider purchasing a back brace for posture instead. Regular stretching and core exercise can also help boost the effectiveness of posture training. By using a posture corrector as recommended, you will likely see your posture improve over time.
How to Choose a Posture Corrector
There are dozens of products on the market that claim to improve posture. Though most of these products are effective at correcting poor posture, most individuals will find that a particular posture corrector suits their needs better than others.
Before you buy a posture support device, be sure to consider the following factors.
Men and women are generally built differently. Though some posture braces are unisex, others are designed particularly for one sex or the other. A posture corrector bra, for example, is a popular style choice for those seeking a posture corrector for women. A posture corrector for men may be too broad in the shoulders to fit most women. Unless you are seeking a unisex posture corrector, this factor will play an important role in your purchasing decision.
A posture corrector works best when it fits the body snugly. Most posture braces come in a number of sizes. You may need to measure the dimensions of your upper back to determine which size is appropriate for you. If you are purchasing a posture garment, such as a posture tank or shirt, it is especially important to select a size that will fit correctly. A loose or poorly-fitted posture garment will be less effective at correcting your posture.
Hands-On or Hands-Off Correctional Style
Do you want a posture brace to manually retrain your muscles or would you prefer correcting your posture by yourself? The answer to this question can help you determine whether a posture corrective brace or a digital posture training device is the best option for you.
If you feel as though your shoulder muscles are tight and permanently pulled inward, a posture garment or brace is probably a good choice for you. These braces can help stretch out your back and shoulder muscles, allowing you to more easily sit up straight. If, however, your slouching is simply a bad habit, a posture training device might suit you better. Rather than forcefully constraining the shoulder muscles, a posture trainer focuses on teaching the user better posture habits. Both devices effectively promote better posture.
Posture Corrector Type & Design
Posture correctors come in a number of styles. There are posture garments, including t-shirts, vests, and bras. There are traditional posture braces, some of which can be worn under clothing. There are also digital posture trainers, which can be attached to either the body or one’s clothing. Choose a style that is practical and comfortable for you.
Posture correctors tend to cost between $50 and $100 on average. A few higher-end garments and devices may cost slightly more than $100, whereas affordable braces may cost as little as $25. Choose a device that is affordable to you and meets your posture correction needs.
The Top 10 Best Posture Correctors That Actually Work
There are numerous posture correctors on the market today. These products are not all created equally, however.
We’ve researched posture corrective braces and ranked the top 10 according to their effectiveness, benefits, and user reviews. To fix your posture for good, choose one of these excellent posture-changing devices.
The BeFit24 Posture Corrector is a simple and straightforward soft posture brace. Made from nylon and latex, this posture corrector can be comfortably worn either over or under clothing. The unisex brace comes in five different sizes, making it perfect for customers of all shapes. Many customers rave that the BeFit24 Posture Corrector has significantly improved their posture. Reviewers note that the brace is comfortable for both work and leisure.
If you’re looking for a simple, comfortable, and effective posture brace, choose the BeFit24 Posture Corrector.
- The product comes in a variety of sizes and is suitable for both genders.
- Nearly every customer noticed improved posture after use.
- The posture corrector is lightweight and comfortable.
- The manufacturer’s instructions are not particularly clear.
- Some users found the abdominal band to be uncomfortable.
Do you want to transform your posture without using a tight shoulder strap and lumbar belt? If so, the UPRIGHT Posture Trainer is the perfect device for you! This digital posture trainer attaches directly to the lower back. When the user slouches, the device vibrates, reminding the wearer to sit up straighter. The UPRIGHT Trainer also comes with its own personal mobile application, making it easy to track your progress every day. Most buyers claim that the device has noticeably transformed their posture within weeks of use.
For those who seek a high-tech solution to their postural problems, the UPRIGHT Posture Trainer is a great choice.
- The UPRIGHT Posture Trainer helps correct posture through reminder vibrations rather than a constricting back brace.
- The trainer can be applied directly to the lower back, making it one of the most discreet posture correctors available.
- The UPRIGHT app helps you monitor your posture throughout the day.
- The UPRIGHT Trainer is very new; the associated app is somewhat underdeveloped, and there is nowhere to buy additional adhesive pads for the device.
- At $130, the device is the most expensive posture trainer on our list.
The Stand Up Str8 Middle Back Exerciser is a unique posture corrector. Unlike posture-correcting braces and shirts, this exerciser doesn’t need to be worn throughout the day. The exerciser actually strengthens the muscles in the shoulders and the lower back. Just a few minutes of daily exercise with the device can lead to improved posture.
Though using the exerciser requires dedication, users claim that the results are worth the effort. Users noticed that they were standing up straighter and looking taller after just a few weeks of use.
To strengthen your muscles and naturally improve your posture, buy the Stand Up Str8 Middle Back Exerciser.
- The device works to correct posture by strengthening the muscles in the upper back.
- Unlike other posture correctors, the exerciser does not need to be worn or used throughout the day.
- The exerciser requires regular use to generate effective results.
The StabilityAce Upper Back Posture Corrector Brace is a simple and cost-effective back brace. The brace features two straps that reach around the upper back and the clavicle. At roughly half the price of other posture corrective braces, the StabilityAce is a bargain. Though it may not have the “bells and whistles” of other posture trainers, the brace does deliver on its promises.
If you’re a cost-conscious consumer looking for a sturdy back brace, look no further than the StabilityAce Upper Back Posture Corrector.
- The StabilityAce is one of the most affordable posture correctors on our list.
- The brace has a straightforward, easy-to-adjust strap design.
- The brace may be visible when worn under certain outfits.
- The StabilityAce’s strap system may not be as comfortable as other braces or posture garments.
- Common sizes (such as large) are sometimes out of stock.
The IntelliSkin Men’s Foundation Posturecue Tank is one of the most practical posture correctors on our list. This lightweight compression tank can be worn discreetly under clothing, making it one of the best posture garments for working professionals. Though the tank doesn’t correct posture as aggressively as other posture braces, wearers claim that the tank “reminds” their back and shoulders to stay properly aligned throughout the day, leading to reduced back pain and improved posture.
Men who seek a discreet posture-correcting garment ought to purchase IntelliSkin’s Men’s Foundation Tank.
- The IntelliSkin tanks are comfortable and run true-to-size.
- The tanks can easily be worn under clothing.
- Some customers found the garment to be itchy.
- The compression-style tank may not be as effective as a traditional back brace.
The LUMO Lift Posture Coach and Activity Tracker is a multi-functional posture training device. Like the UPRIGHT Posture Trainer, LUMO Lift gently vibrates to remind users to improve their posture. Unlike the UPRIGHT Posture Trainer, the LUMO Lift is clipped onto the user’s clothing, rather than adhering to the body. The LUMO Lift also tracks other fitness markers, such as daily steps taken and calories burned, making it the most multi-functional posture corrector on our list.
To improve your health while correcting your posture, purchase the LUMO Lift Posture Coach and Activity Trainer.
- In addition to monitoring your posture the LUMO Lift tracks your steps taken, calories burned, and distance walked.
- The device is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- The device cannot be used unless it is connected to the iOS or Android LUMO Lift application.
- Some users have had poor customer service experiences.
AlignMed’s Posture Shirt is an excellent posture corrector for women. This lightweight and fast-drying shirt can be worn either on its own or under clothing. With a convenient zipper-down front, the shirt is easier to take on and off than most posture braces and garments. The shirt’s stylish and breathable design make it especially comfortable for everyday use.
For the best in both form and function, choose AlignMed’s Women’s Posture Shirt.
- The zipper-down shirt is ideal for fitness training/working out.
- The shirt fits comfortably under most outfits.
- Like most posture-correcting garments, the AlignMed Shirt is not as forcefully corrective as standard posture braces.
- Some users may find the shirt to be too tight in the chest or under the arms.
The Body Rite Posture Pleaser is a somewhat old-fashioned posture brace. Equipped with shoulder straps, a belt, and a weight in the back, the Posture Pleaser seeks to pull the shoulder blades back into proper alignment. Though the bulky weight makes the brace difficult to wear under clothing, many users have found the brace practical for home use. User reviews claim that the product effectively reduces back and shoulder pain as well.
If a weighted posture brace sounds like the right solution for you, buy the Body Right Posture Pleaser.
- Many users claim that the Posture Pleaser is one of the most comfortable and effective braces they’ve worn.
- The brace is easily adjustable and comes in a convenient “backpack” style.
- The brace’s weighted back makes it unsuitable for wearing under clothing.
- Some users felt that the weight was not heavy enough to correct their posture.
The BeFit24 Posture Corrector is a gentle yet effective unisex posture brace. This particular BeFit24 brace aims at correcting thoracic kyphosis, more commonly known as “rounded shoulders” or “hunchback.” The Posture Corrector’s spinal support column and wide-strap design make it one of the most comfortable braces available. Both men and women rave that the brace has eliminated their long-standing back and neck problems.
To eliminate your hunchback for good, try BeFit24’s Thoracic Kyphosis Posture Corrector.
- Many users claim that the brace reduced their back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
- BeFit24 offers many benefits to its customers, including an impressive 5 year warranty on this posture corrector.
- Some users have had sizing issues with the brace; ordering a size larger may prevent future discomfort.
- The brace is most comfortable when users are engaging in sedentary activities.
The Original Cincher Back Support is a posture corrector that addresses lumbar pain first and shoulder pain second. Designed exclusively for women, the Cincher is one of the few posture support systems that fits optimally in the hips and under the bust. Though some may argue that the Cincher’s narrow shoulder straps make it less than ideal for posture support, the brace’s raceback style actually makes it a great choice for flexibility in the shoulder region.
Simply put, the Original Cincher is the best posture corrector for women who are suffering from back pain.
– The Cincher is among the best lower back braces available.
– This full-torso posture vest promotes great posture in both the upper and lower back.
– Some customers experienced difficulties in returning the product.
– Large and petite customers may struggle to find the right fit.
By considering the features that you most want and need in a posture-changing product, you can select the best posture corrector for you. By using a back brace for posture in conjunction with stretching and behavioral modification, you can change your posture and maintain it for decades to come.